Don’t Waste Valuable Resources!
In order to talk to others about your business or organization you have to be absolutely clear about what it is you do or offer. It may surprise you to learn that not a lot of even the most reputable organizations have done this. The result is they waste a ton of resources dancing around their own goals!
I don’t want this to happen to you, so I have compiled a list of questions that help you get to the heart of your business or mission which then allows you to make really smart marketing decisions!
Get a Handle on Your Answers to These 15 Questions and you’re halfway towards reaching your goals!
Feel free to copy and paste these questions into your own document and get your group’s leaders to answer them as best they can. When you find holes or lack of focus – we now know what to examine before we launch a marketing program!
1. What are you up to?
- Compared with other organizations, how is your Organization positioned within it’s marketplace?
- What does your company make, do or provide?
- What business are you in? <—- possible trick question – if it’s “making widgets” is it really making widgets or is it offering smiles? Or safety, or convenience or….
2. Why do you do what you do?
- Is there an organizational Mission? What is it?
- Besides making or raising money – are there other reasons your organization does what it does? What are these?
- Why was this organization started? Is this still relevant?
3. How do you do it?
- What is the style or personality of this organization? (buttoned up, relaxed and friendly, etc)
- What sets your organization apart from the competition?
Speaking of ‘competition’ name some.
- What are 5 specific goals for the next 1 – 2 years?
- What are the current best opportunities for growth or expansion right now?
4. Who’s all this for?
- What do your organization’s best clients or customers ‘need‘ from you right now? What do they want? Are they getting it from you? From a competitor? How?
- WHO are they? What’s your typical customer or client like? Can you describe your main customers in terms of demographics or interests?
- If your organization were a person, who would your customers/clients say it is? Who best represents your organizational mission?
- What reaction do you want your marketing to generate to the audience(s) it targets?
5. What are you doing NOW with your marketing?
- What’s working the best for you?
- What do you think could be doing better for you?
Answer as many of these as you can or feel comfortable sharing. Getting a handle on what you’re doing and where you want to go for for whom helps determine exactly where resources (time, money, brain power) can be spent the more cost effectively.
I can help you parse out your own thoughts to these questions. I’ve done it for many others. We chat on the phone or on Skype – and viola! When about an hour’s up – YOU have a much clearer understanding of your own next steps!
Click contact above and let’s get rolling!
This is a service I offer for a one time fee of just one paid hour regardless of how much time our call makes. The information you walk away maximizes my years of experience and research and helps you set a course towards accomplishing your professional dreams meaningfully and fully customized to your goals specifically.